Manuscript Evaluation Request Form
Please include the manuscript evaluation request form with your manuscript.
- This evaluation service is open to registered Bloody Words 2014 attendees only. The evaluation will be performed by an editor or published mystery author.
- At some point during the conference (to be determined jointly by you and the evaluator), you will have a half-hour meeting with the editor or author who has read your manuscript and who will discuss his/her take on it in detail with you.
- You may submit the first 30 pages of a novel-length work or up to the first 30 pages of a short story.
- The submission must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2014.
- The manuscript must be typed/printed, double-spaced, on regular white bond paper, one side only, using 12-point Times New Roman or Courier, left-justified.
- Put the title, your name, and your email address in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Make sure your manuscript pages are numbered.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email address, manuscript title, and total ms word count.
- Mail two (2) copies of your manuscript to the address on the manuscript evaluation request form. Your entry must be accompanied by the form plus a CDN$40 evaluation fee (make the cheque or money order out to Bloody Words). You may request as many manuscript evaluations as you like as long as each submission is no more than 30 pages long and is accompanied by its own request form plus a CDN$40 evaluation fee. Please do not send your submission(s) by registered mail.
- Keep a copy of your final manuscript. Bloody Words is not responsible for works misaddressed or otherwise lost in transit.