Please print and include this entry form with your contest submission.
- This contest is open to registered Bloody Words attendees only.
- The story must be original and previously unpublished. You retain all rights.
- The story must be fiction and must involve a crime that has to be solved/prevented.
- The entry must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2014.
- Toronto must figure somehow in the story. Any time period is allowed.
- The story must not exceed 5000 words.
- The story must be typed/printed, double-spaced, on regular white bond paper, one side only, using 12-point Times New Roman or Courier, left-justified.
- Put the title and page number in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Do NOT put your name on each page; this is a blind contest.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email address, story title, and word count.
- Mail three (3) copies of your story to the address on the Bony Pete entry form. Your entry must be accompanied by the form plus a CDN$5 entry fee (make the cheque or money order out to “Bloody Words”). You may enter as many stories as you like as long as each is accompanied by a separate entry form plus a CDN$5 entry fee. Please do not send by registered mail.
- Keep a copy of your final manuscript. No entries will be returned.
- Sorry, but we don’t critique any entries.